Wednesday, June 11, 2014

May Review

Y'all, I still love my 101 in 1001 list. Can we just say that is a miracle in itself?
 
Last month I set some realistic goals for myself:
  • Invest in a friend's dream
  • Donate blood
  • Host a pinterest craft party
  • Watch the sun rise
  • Coffee shop-hop
  • Buy from the farmer's market
 
What I did:
 
  • Invest in a friend's dream- I have known a sweet girl named Macy for several years now, she has been such an inspiration in so many ways. I have followed her journey via social media and have been blown away by how she allows the Lord to guide her life. A few months ago, she began a new journey and is now living on the other side of the country. Before she left, she had a "yard sale" and sold most (if not all) of her belongings in order to raise money to follow God's plan for her life. I was able to help her only a small bit, but I couldn't imagine another person more deserving of my small gift.
 
  • Donate blood- Yikes! This was fun! They gave me a tee shirt, lots of food, and a cool arm bandage to wear all day. I would say that my first time donating blood was a huge accomplishment.
 
  • Host a Pinterest craft party- This was just adorable. I can't imagine a sweeter group of girls. I will have to share a post soon on the party details(:
  • Watch the sun rise- At the beach, duh. No, it was cloudy, and I could hardly see the sun. Fail.
Myrtle Beach - 06/07/14
 
  • Read a library book- I read a sweet little book by LaVyrle Spencer titled That Camden Summer. I found a paperback at our library and was able to take it on the beach, it was absolutely perfect.
 

  • Drink coffee black- Umm, gross. I know it would have been better in this perfect mug from Anthropologie.
Anthropologie
 
 
  • Donate to a non-profit org- I was able to donate 50lbs of canned food to our local food bank! I got lost in the process, and ended up late to work (oops), but I am so thankful to the people (especially Kroger) who donated and helped me reach my goal!
 

 
 
I'll try to set myself some June goals, is looking pretty busy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment